The natural sweetness of apricots comes out wonderfully when they are skewered and grilled. You might be so pleasantly surprised and decide that you don’t actually need to top them off with ice cream.
- 4 ripe apricots (makes 4~5 skewers)
- 6 inch bamboo skewers
- Cut apricot in half and remove pit
- Cut in half again to make quarters
- Cut each quarter cross way to get triangle shapes
- Skewer through the flesh side and out the skin side to make sure the apricot is securely on the skewer
- Grilling time should only be a minute or two. Over cooking leaves the apricots rather mushy and easy to fall off the skewer